[OPE-L:1230] Re: the conservation and destruction of value

From: Jurriaan Bendien (djjb99@worldonline.nl)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 05:37:28 EDT

Jerry writes:

>Advertising labour does not result in the production of a commodity. The
>result -- if successful -- is rather the *sale* of a commodity.

Well I disagree, it may or it may not result in a commodity, depending on
the type of labour and the product of that labour. Would you rule out
posters, video's, labels, etc. from the universe of commodities ?

>The logic of the marketplace, which includes (but, of course, is not
>limited to):
>
>a) the separation of production and sale temporally and spatially;

>So, once value has been produced, it can't be destroyed (except by
>consumption)?

I personally think it can be destroyed, among other things because of
examples that you mention.

In solidarity

Jurriaan