[OPE-L:1427] Re: Levels of abstraction

Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 10:01:44 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Chai-on Lee" <conlee@chonnam.ac.kr>
To: <ope-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu>
Subject: RE: [OPE-L:1409] Levels of abstraction

Ramos raised the following two questions.

(Q 1) Do you know who is (are) the first author(s) who started to interpret
systematically Marx's presentation as a sequence of "levels of abstraction"?

(Q 2) Who have discussed this point? Who are the critics of this view?

(Q 3) What is the difference between this and the "assumption dropping"
e.g. the neoclassical modelling methodology?

My replies:

(R 1) Jurriaan replied to the first question that Kozo Uno was the first.
The two persons' interpretations are quite distinct from each other.

(R 2) The critics of such levels of abstraction first appeared in my PhD

(R 3) In my PhD thesis, it was shown that Sweezy's levels of abstraction

Thanks Ramos for your reminding.

In solidarity,

Chai-on