[OPE-L:1473] RE: Re: Re: Mandel, Mattick, etc.

A.B.Trigg@OPEN.AC.UK
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:23:15 +0100

Jurriaan.
I am not saying that there are no arguments made against fascism, but I
think if people are out to beat you up for the colour of your skin or not
even that, then they should be stopped from spreading their poison. It is
well known that when fascists start selling their literature and organising
meetings in an area then the number of racist attacks increase, and this
cannot be defeated just by intellectual argument.

In relation to Len Pen I think his gaining support is arguably directly due
to the weakness of the left, and in particular the small numbers of the
Trotskyist left in France. But it is interesting to hear of fascism being
against the law in Holland, which I did not know.

Andrew.