[OPE-L:1608] Re: my 1993 S&S article

zarembka@acsu.buffalo.edu
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:42:55

Because of the continuous attacks on Kenneth Lapides I will merely
reaffirm that his book deserves respect, and is a very important
contribution.

As to a charge of "scholarly dishonesty" for failure to respond to a
criticism, Lapides did read Lebowitz's book three times before sending in
a review to S&S. When S&S chose not to publish (as is the right of S&S) I
would not expect Lapides to work up another reply to an S&S article. In
any case, non-response does not "scholarly dishonesty" make.

Kenneth suggests that members of this list ask Mike to apologize. We have
waited long enough. I for one so ask.

Paul

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY web site
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka