[OPE-L:1618] Re: Re: Lapides, etc.

Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 19:07:46 -0400 (EDT)

Re Allin's [OPE-L:1615]:

> I don't mean to pick on David in particular, but I find this
> ope-l.

Well ... it would have been nice if we could have *focused on the issues*
in different interpretations on the 6-book-plan controversy, especially
the debate about the proposed book on "Wage-Labour" by Mike L, Kenneth,
and others. And that topic ***if stripped from the question of
personalities*** (including the question of citation in the KL book)
isn't off-topic for us at all. In fact, one could say that it almost
flows logically out of our recent "levels of abstraction" and "Marx's
ordering" threads. And, of course, there is a direct relation to our
discussion on the Lapides book last month. It should also be noted that
this issue has been discussed before on OPE-L, although briefly, in
September-October, 1995. Old-timers on OPE-L might remember a very lively
and worthwhile (and, of course, inconclusive) exchange between Tony and
Mike L. (others can go to the archives to see what was said then).

In solidarity, Jerry