[OPE-L:1667] value-form theories and the Uno-school?

Subject: [OPE-L:1667] value-form theories and the Uno-school?
From: Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 07:32:39 EST

Hi Nicky. May I ask you a question?

> My own readings of 'Capital' are guided by value-form perspectives;
> in particular, those associated with Japanese political economy.

What do you see as the relationship between value-form theories (e.g.
Reuten-Williams) and those "value-form" perspectives associated with
Japanese political economy (Uno?; [Makoto] Itoh?; other?). In other words,
what do you see as the commonalities and differences in perspective of
these two (or more) theories? And, why do you refer to the perspectives
from [some] Marxists in Japan as being "value-form perspectives"?

In solidarity, Jerry