[OPE-L:2111] Re: Re: Surplus product in communist society?

From: Jurriaan Bendien (djjb99@worldonline.nl)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 10:35:19 EST

>maintainance of defence industries to defend against attack by
>capitalist states

Following Marx, I've always conceived of communism as a world society, a
world order. Hence no defence industries would be necessary, and this would
be a benefit to humankind. We could of course project an interplanetary
capitalism in view of recent developments (such as the selling of titles to
private property on the moon, private space stations etc.) which would
complicate matters again (the "star wars" scenario), but this tends to take
us into the realm of science fiction.

In solidarity

Jurriaan