[OPE-L:2715] Hegelian syllogism

From: Alejandro Ramos (aramos@btl.net)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 16:43:26 EDT

Chris,

thanks for your illuminating post #2723.

I have a couple of questions:

a) What would be the difference between the Hegelian and the Aristotelian
form of the syllogism?

b) Can we think of the Hegelian form of syllogism as a *historical*, *real
time* process, pressumably in contrast with the Aristotelian one, which
would be a *purely logical*, *atemporal* scheme?

I think Marx conceives the C-M-C and the M-C-M' as real time, historical
processes which cannot be collapsed into an "instantaneous", "logical" moment.

Thanks in advance!

Alejandro Ramos