[OPE-L:2785] Re: Marx's method

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 15:14:48 EDT

1. Book plans are subject to revision.
2. The 6-book plan is mentioned in the middle of Marx's *Grundrisse* time
(Feb. 1858), and reference to it ends in Feb. 1859, EIGHT years before
Marx finally publishes Vol. 1! 3. Discussing more books than what we got
is just speculation. (There MAY BE some connection to a decline of
interest in Hegel by Marx and what books he wound up writing. I do not
care to try to defend this, though.)

Paul Z.

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka