[OPE-L:2997] RE: Re: RE: Re: Defining accumulation

From: P.J.Wells@open.ac.uk
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 08:52:12 EDT

Paul C makes a fair point - it wasn't a very good example.

Try this instead -- take a cotton-spinning enterprise which has

(a) spare capacity

(b) at the end of a day's work

(i) enough cotton inventory to sustain tomorrow's production at the present
level
(ii) yarn which is sold realising surplus value of £100

(c) plans to increase output the day after tomorrow.

The planned output increase will require an increase in capital advanced of
£100.

Rather than buy the extra inventory required now, the managers put the £100
in the bank for a day.

What's the status of the £100 while it's in the bank?

Julian