[OPE-L:3029] Re: Re: Re: RE: Zimbabwe Petition

From: nicola taylor (nmtaylor@carmen.murdoch.edu.au)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 16:52:30 EDT

Paul, you've missed the point (contained in the "why" question where I
state that Zimbabweans ARE in favour of land reform): also, see my replies
to Rakesh (ope-l:3009, 3014). My original purpose was to raise awareness
of Mugabe's *misuse* of a popular demand for land reform to justification
bringing in the broad powers rejected at the referendum. He is now ruling
the country by Presidential Decree (Parliament suspended April 11).
comradely, Nicky