[OPE-L:3102] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re:starting points

From: Steve Keen (stevekeen10@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 05:34:59 EDT

Hi Rakesh,

I could give a simple "yes" to your question:

At any rate, Steve, are you trying to explain surplus value by the
consumption of dead labor?

But instead, I'd appreciate your attempt to interpret this statement:

"It also has to be postulated (which was not done above) that the use value
of the machine significantly greater than its value; i.e. that its
devaluation in the service of production is not proportional to its
increasing effect on production." (Grundrisse 383)

Cheers,
Steve