[OPE-L:3103] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: empirical verification of interpretations of Marx? (fwd)

From: Steve Keen (stevekeen10@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 05:37:46 EDT

Perhaps; but if you read Marx, you will see that he treated these, not as
"border commodities" in which the laws of value were irrelevant and supply
and demand ruled the roost, but ones which lead to dialectical inversions
(use-value determining value) within his general analysis of the commodity.

In other words, there is something much richer to Marx's analysis of these
pseudo-commodities than simply a statement that they constitute exceptions
to his broader analysis.

Cheers,
Steve