[OPE-L:3183] Re: Marx's starting point

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 09:14:19 EDT

"[Marx would] be the first to agree that you must never judge someone on
the basis of his own self-conscious image, but on the basis of the whole
process which, behind this consciousness, produces it" (Althusser, "Is it
Simple to be a Marxist in Philisophy", p. 178-79)

This passage is similar to Ajit's but a "softer" version, because, above,
what the author meant is not irrelevant.

Paul Z.

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka