[OPE-L:3286] Re: Re: Two prefaces

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 13:46:45 EDT

to *Capital*":

"...The remarkable 'Introduction" remained unpublished. In many places in
the *Grundrisse*... a strong Hegelian influence can be detected, combined
with whiffs of Feuerbachian humanism. It can be predicted with some
certainty that, along with *The German Ideology*, the *Grundrisse* will
provide all the dubious quotations needed by idealist interpretations of
Marxist theory". (p. 98)

Thus, Althusser finds the "Intro." remarkable, while seemingly not to
worried about Hegelianisms that bother him elsewhere in the Grundrisse.

There are MANY citations by Althusser to either "Intro." or "1857 Intro."
listed in the indexes under "Marx" -- see *For Marx* and *Reading Capital*
which you may consult. However, I am on other research topics now and do
not have time to do a proper review of the specific issues you ask.

Paul Z.

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka