[OPE-L:3309] Re: Re: Re: starting points [can surplus value be measured?]

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 10:20:47 EDT

Allin and Paul C. are correct; including that Althusser is unlikely to
have known of Mattick Jr. and/or the point Mattick raised (Althusser
doesn't cite either Mattick Sr. or Jr. as far as I can tell). Probably I
should not even tried to have made a connection.

Althusser's point is rather directed against "economism" within Marxism.
I don't know Mattick Jr. and don't know if he includes struggle against
economism in his work.

Paul Z.

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka