[OPE-L:3510] Re: Re: Marxism and 19th century materialism

From: Steve Keen (stevekeen10@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 22:33:15 EDT

If I can add a reading recommendation to Allin's (which I second), there is
also a non-stochastic vision of quantum mechanics, developed by David Bohm.
It is alleged to have some currency amongst physicists these days, though
generally speaking it is the "heterodoxy" to the Copenhagen orthodoxy.

The best reference is:

Albert, D.Z., 1992. <$[Publication>Quantum mechanics and
experience<$]Publication>, Harvard University Press, Cambridge
Massachusetts.

but there's also a shorter version:

1994. “Bohm’s alternative to Quantum Mechanics”, <$[Publication>Scientific
American<$]Publication>, <$[Volume>270 <$]Volume> No. 5: 32-39.

I don't know what has happened to this idea since string theory--but at
least it shows that even Physics needed embrace idealism!

Cheers,
Steve