[OPE-L:4052] Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: m in Marx's theory

From: Steve Keen (s.keen@uws.edu.au)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 16:31:53 EDT

Andrew,
Perhaps you should check out Jamie Galbraith's quite sophisticated
taxonomic work on how one classifies industries. I don't have his web page
handy, but if you search the web for his name and the University of Texas
and inequality, you should locate him.

Steve
At 08:35 11/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In OPE-L 4044, Julian asked:
>
>"Is there any reason to think that the distribution of industry OCC's (or
>of firm ones, for that matter) would be Gaussian?"
>
>My first thought was to agree that the answer is no.  Then I remembereed
>to ask myself what an industry is.  Realizing that industries can be
>aggregated any damned way one wants, it thus occurred to me that the
>distribution of OCCs can probably be anything one wants as well.
>

>Andrew Kliman

Dr. Steve Keen
Senior Lecturer
Economics & Finance