[OPE-L:4199] Who agrees with Popper?

From: Alejandro Ramos (aramos@btl.net)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 11:58:41 EDT

Re Steve 4190:

>I would prefer our discussions of core theory to be about, for example,
>implementing a multi-agent model of Marx's production schema, or results
>from simulations of ODE models, rather than what we actually talk about.

This statement makes little sense to me.

If you prefer to discuss about other issues, simply, do that! Present your
results and discuss them with other people who are interested in those
problems. Nobody is forcing you to discuss about "the transformation
problem", as far as I know.

But, reciprocally, please, don't lecture us about what is or what is not
"the core theory" or "a degenerative SRP", notions that, actually, depends
on what is marketable for publishing in mainstream journals.

One advantage of this kind of electronic OPEN media is that no longer
people like you --sitting comfortably in an academic post in a rich
country-- can simply dictate to the rest of the world what is or what is
not "the core theory" or "a degenerative SRP" in whatever field.
Unfortunately, this kind of space is only a marginal one.

Alejandro R.