[OPE-L:4221] Re: Re: Re: Logic and illogic in defending Marx

From: Andrew_Kliman (Andrew_Kliman@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 09:56:29 EDT

In OPE-L 4218, Steve Keen wrote

"So my comment about being open-dimensional does not relate to this [n
extra degrees of freedom because two sets of prices are determined] at
all."

Ok, but if it doesn't relate to that, then to what does it relate?  If
you were just criticizing Rakesh, you shouldn't have portrayed it as a
critique of the temporal single-system interpretation of Marx's value
theory.

Steve also wrote:
: I said two things too--either you'd have to keep the system open
: dimensional to avoid a TP, or if you did close it, you would get the TP
in
: a dynamic guise if you insisted on the premise that labor is the only
: source of value, and hence of profit.

Yes, but I responded to this, and you haven't addressed my response.  It
was:

: >There is no flaw, no "transformation problem," even in the static
case,
: >once one heeds Marx's warning not to "go wrong" by equating the value
of
: >capital with the value of the means of production and labor-power.
Lots
: >of people, on and off this list, by no means all proponents of the TSS
: >interpretation, will tell you that.

Andrew Kliman