[OPE-L:4260] Re: Steve on the worthlessness of labor at the source of surplus value

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 09:37:32 EDT

This is very important point Alejandro is making.  A lot of debates within
and for/against Marx became "frozen" one way or another around the turn of
the twentieth century.  I found that with regard to "accumulation of
capital": it became "frozen" by Lenin's interpretation and by the smashing
of Luxemburg's work.  Even "anti-Leninists" are often unaware of how the
terms of this discussion were set up a century ago.

To answer Steve, sorry, but I won't be struggling with your *Journal of
the History of Economic Thought* pieces.  I decided a long time ago to
work WITHIN Marxism as I understand its foundations and I consider one of
its foundations that labor power is the source of value production.

Paul Z.

Paul Zarembka, editor, RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY at
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka