[OPE-L:4350] Re: Technical change and general truths

From: Andrew_Kliman (Andrew_Kliman@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 05:55:43 EST

The following, which Steve Keen wrote in OPE-L 4349, is false:

"The TSS approach to this is to dismiss consideration of a state in which
rates of [technical] change equal zero, and provide numerical examples
where the twin propositions above cannot be contradicted.

I suggest that Steve read Kliman and McGlone, "The Transformation
Non-Problem and the Non-Transformation Problem," Capital and Class 35,
1988.  Or McGlone and Kliman, "One System or Two?" in Marx and
Non-equilibrium Economics, Freeman and Carchedi (eds.), Edward Elgar,
1996.  Or Eduardo Maldonado-Filho, "Tying-up and Release of Capital and
the 'Transformation Problem'", presented at EEA Convention, 1997,
available from the IWGVT website, www.gre.ac.uk/~fa03/iwgvt .

These works show that Marx's aggregate equalities hold under the temporal
single-system interpretation of his value theory when there is no
technical change.  They also explicitly show that Marx's aggregate
equalities hold under the temporal single-system interpretation of his
value theory even in *static equilibrium*.

I suggest that in the future Steve base his evaluation of the TSS
interpretation on a prior study of TSS research.

Andrew Kliman