[OPE-L:4478] Re: Re: Re: Rakesh on Luxemburg

From: Rakesh Narpat Bhandari (rakeshb@Stanford.EDU)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 13:13:02 EST

Paul Z wrote in 4477:

>Rakesh,
>
>I'm not clear on your answer.  What I was looking for is page citations to
>Luxemburg, not page citations to Mattick on Luxemburg.  Do I understand
>your answer to be that the relevant citation is to Marx's schemes of
>extended reproduction in Volume 2

yes

>and that Marx was somehow at fault in
>misleading people, including Luxemburg, with his schemes.

No Mattick Sr's point is that while Marx stated explicitly the
completely unrealistic assumptions on which his schema are based
(annual turnover of fixed capital, exchange at value, constant
value), the schema were nonetheless used to reach conclusions about
the consequences of capital accumulation.

comradely, rb