[OPE-L:4864] TSSI perspectives on today's global economy

From: Gerald_A_Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 19:50:36 EST

Andrew K:

Thank you for your paper sent out earlier today. I took a quick look at it and must say that it looks quite interesting. Before giving it a fuller reading, I have a couple of preliminary questions which get to the thrust of what Rieu and I asked for the other day.

Both Rieu and I noted that, in the past, some of those who have supported the TSSI have put forward very different perspectives on moral depreciation and, to some extent, on the TRPF as well.  In that context -- trying to identify whether there are certain principles that supporters of the TSSI agree upon re contemporary issues of the global capitalist economy -- my questions are:

1) Do others who support the TSSI also support the thrust of the analysis of your paper (in terms of the general points, rather than all particulars)? Alan? John E?

2) Alan F previously attempted to relate his perspective on moral depreciation to what's been happening on contemporary world markets. Don't recall the title off-hand but it appeared in the journal _Links_ a few years ago.  I'm sure you remember the article.  Do you and other TSSers (eg. John?) agree with the thrust of the analysis in that article?

In  solidarity, Jerry