[OPE-L:4937] RE: Re: RE: causes of changes in prices of production

From: Drewk (Andrew_Kliman@msn.com)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 01:55:28 EST

Well, finally, an answer.  Not one I accept, but at least an
answer.

 Fred writes that "I would be willing to concede that my criticism
of your interpretation of Marx's prices of production is invalid
if there were passages in Marx's
manuscripts (the more the better) in which he explicitly stated
that prices of production may change due to input prices not being
equal to output prices, as in your interpretation."

This is too narrow a basis for discussion.  Why must there be
explicit statements?  Why isn't it good enough that this be the
implication of Marx's theory?

Your answer makes it clear that there is no need for discussion.
All one needs is a scanner and a search function.

There is especially no point in my discussing the passages from
Part 2, because they certainly do not state what you require of
me.  As I suspected, even a successful alternative interpretation
of this evidence on my part will do no good.

You have still not answered the question about your own
interpretation rather than your critique of the TSSI.  Under what
conditions would you concede that YOUR OWN interpretation of
Marx's value theory is incorrect, contrary to the textual
evidence?

Andrew ("Drewk") Kliman
Dept. of Social Sciences
Pace University
Pleasantville, NY 10570 USA
phone:  (914) 773-3968
fax:  (914) 773-3951

Home:  60 W. 76th St. #4E
New York, NY 10023 USA

"The practice of philosophy is itself theoretical.  It is the
critique that measures the individual existence by the essence,
the particular reality by the Idea."