[OPE-L:4967] Re: Re: Re: causes of changes in prices of production

From: Rakesh Narpat Bhandari (rakeshb@Stanford.EDU)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 15:51:54 EST

>re Jerry's 4966
>
>In *this* case though we have a clear and unambivalent and unrefuted
>statement by Marx about what can cause a change in prices of production.

For what it's worth I agree with Jerry. Moreover, as I have already
said, Fred's claim is consistent with Marx's methodology in *Capital*
as a controlled study of the impact of rising labor productivity or
the permanent tendency for unit values to decline on the economic
structure of society (Grossmann, 1929; Mattick Sr, 1959). For this
reason, Marx assumes demand equals supply and the value of money is
constant; this ensures that all changes in price obtain as a result
of changes in value on the commodity side of the equation.

Yours, Rakesh