[OPE-L:4973] More on the Evil Twin Profit Rate Controversy

From: Drewk (Andrew_Kliman@msn.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 18:37:17 EST

Jerry, you wrote:

"... then one would have demonstrated that Marx's theory
on this issue is self-contradictory and logically flawed. Yet,
 this is not a conclusion that the TSSI can come to without
abandoning one of its key assertions (they might say
"results") about how Marx's theory is not self-contradictory
nor logically flawed."

The TSSI demolishes the claims that Marx's value theory has been
PROVEN TO BE self-contradictory.

But refuting false proofs of internal inconsistency is NOT the
same thing as proving internal consistency.

To my knowledge, no proponent of the TSSI -- especially not I --
has EVER, EVER, EVER asserted that Marx's theory is not
self-contradictory nor logically flawed.

This is a LIE INVENTED AND PROPAGATED BY OUR OPPONENTS in order to
try to discredit us, to make us look like dogmatists.

In fact, we are always willing to entertain the possibility of
internal inconsistency in Marx's value theory!

In fact, I entertained that very possibility just a few hours
ago!!

In fact, I entertained it in the very post to which you were
referring!!!

In fact, I wrote

"If, however, we all acknowledge, as we all should, that Fred's
interpretation fails because there's no evidence for the evil twin
profit rate, and because his interpretation contradicts Marx's
theory once we repudiate Fred's blatant immunizing strategy, then
an unsuccessful alternative interpretation of the Part 2 evidence
by me would suggest that *Marx's theory itself is
self-contradictory*."

!!!!

In fact, the emphases were in the original!!!!!

I think you should issue a public retraction.

Andrew ("Drewk") Kliman
Dept. of Social Sciences
Pace University
Pleasantville, NY 10570 USA
phone:  (914) 773-3968
fax:  (914) 773-3951

Home:  60 W. 76th St. #4E
New York, NY 10023 USA

"The practice of philosophy is itself theoretical.  It is the
critique that measures the individual existence by the essence,
the particular reality by the Idea."