[OPE-L:5007] Re: Re: Comments on 3 recent debates

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 09:10:28 EST

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Rakesh Narpat Bhandari wrote:

> >The obvious problem is that if "cost-price plus" is a proper statement
> >of Marx's view then "double divergence" is nonsense: there is one and
> >only one source of divergence between price of production and value,
> >namely the discrepancy between surplus value and (equalized) profit.
>
> Allin,
> I think that it should be noted that while this is obvious, I was the
> first to point it out.

Actually, that's not so.  There was a long discussion of just this
point on ope-l a few years back, between Fred, Alejandro, myself and
others.  Most of the relevant posts are in the archives for October
and November 1996, and have numbers from the high 3500s through the
3700s.  I made the same point at that time.

Thanks to Ale for his detailed recent posting on the topic.  I will
send a reply before long.

Allin Cottrell.