[OPE-L:5030] RE: Re: RE: Response to Andrew on "Proof"

From: Drewk (Andrew_Kliman@msn.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 03:33:24 EST

Stop messing with me, Jerry, and then you'll be sure not to write
or say anything that requires retraction.

I thought your preferred list policy was not to put things in all
caps, like

"BUT I'M GETTING TIRED OF THESE DEMANDS FOR RETRACTIONS, ANDREW."

 because it can be construed as shouting.

I'm sorry I'm not terribly sympathetic to your "getting tired"
problem.  You didn't seem sympathetic when I was tired of your
haranguing me about v = 0 for months and months on end.

Your correction was not one I found to be particularly gracious.
(I thought you might me interested in this last comment given your
concern with tone.)

Andrew ("Drewk") Kliman
Dept. of Social Sciences
Pace University
Pleasantville, NY 10570 USA
phone:  (914) 773-3968
fax:  (914) 773-3951

Home:  60 W. 76th St. #4E
New York, NY 10023 USA

"The practice of philosophy is itself theoretical.  It is the
critique that measures the individual existence by the essence,
the particular reality by the Idea."