[OPE-L:5017] Re: RE: Response to Andrew on "Proof"

From: Gerald_A_Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 16:38:28 EST

Andrew K wrote in [OPE-L:5016]:

> He wrote:  "The tone for the most recent exchange was set, IMO
> (and unfortunately), by Andrew's "PUT UP OR SHUT UP" post to
> Fred."
> I did not put the quoted phrase in caps.
 Nor, in the original,
> was I commanding anyone; I was just expressing my own view.  What
> I wrote was:
> "Also, I think it is really time for you to put up or shut up."
> (OPE-L 4971)
> I await Jerry's correction.

In 4871 Andrew did not capitalize that quote (instead he kept capitalizing
"NUMBERS").

However, I leave it to the memory of subscribers (or if they need a
refresher, an examination of the archives) to discern for yourselves the
basis for the recent tone in discussion).

BUT I'M GETTING TIRED OF THESE DEMANDS FOR RETRACTIONS, ANDREW.

DO I REALLY HAVE TO GO BACK INTO THE ARCHIVES TO BRING UP ALL OF THE TIMES
IN WHICH I HAVE NOT BEEN TREATED FAIRLY?

(The above was much longer but I deleted the rest in the interests of
others. There is much more that I could say about this topic).

In solidarity, Jerry