[OPE-L:5407] Re: Re: turnover time and surplus value

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 08:19:30 EDT

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Rakesh Narpat Bhandari quoted me:

And wrote:

>   ... I read the passage which you quote to be underlining that
> real rate of exploitation expresses the degree of exploitation
> only when the advanced capital is turned over once a year.

That is, you choose to "read" the opposite of what Marx actually says.
Sheesh. In the example that Marx constructs, where one capital has an
"annual rate of surplus value" of 100% and the other one 1000%, due to
differing turnovers, yet they both have s/v = 100%, Marx clearly
states that the "degree of exploitation" is the same in the two cases.

Allin.