[OPE-L:5844] Re: form and content re value-form and abstract labour

From: Andrew Brown (Andrew@lubs.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 11:50:22 EDT

Fred,

Thanks for your reply.  I think 'entity' is too stong. But if we
substitute 'aspect' for 'entity'  I would go along with what you say.
Ie. abstract labour are distinct aspects of value (and hence
'distinguishable'). Of course, I think there is alot more to the
qualitative side of all this (viz. 'congealment', immediate opposition,
mediate identity, and other such difficult stuff) but I can accept
what you say, with the substitution suggested above. And I agree
with you about the profound importance this has for grapsing the
quantitative side of value.

Regarding Chai-on's very interesting post, I think it may well be that
Chai-on's reading of Hegel on content and form is isomorphic to my
conception of value. To my embarassment I don't have the time to
think this through in order to confrim this - but will do so when I get
the time. Pleased to 'virtually' meet you, Chai-on!

Many thanks,

Andy