[OPE-L:5935] Re: "moral chasm"

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 14:31:43 EDT

"Patrick L. Mason" <pmason@garnet.acns.fsu.edu> said, on 09/17/01:

>For me, there is unbridgeable moral chasm between mindless murder and
>legitimate self-defense/liberation struggles.

>peace,
>patrick l. mason

I agree.

May I move the question one step?  When the United States government kills
750,000 children of Iraq during and since the Gulf War (directly, and
through diseases and starvation), is this "mindless"?

I ask because the way you put your statement almost seems that the only
problem is being able to understand.  So, if the U.S. government is not
"mindlessly" murdering, it is less morally repulsive.

If I don't express myself well enough, I'm sorry.  This is not easy times.

Paul Z.