[OPE-L:5975] Re: Re: Re: alleged CNN falsification

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 09:29:37 EDT

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Paul Zarembka wrote:

> Also, see
> http://www.chicago.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=4754&group=webcast
>
> for the CNN response.  Personally, I now don't know what to truly
> believe; perhaps Chai-on's Korean source has different info than
> the Brazilian source.

Chai-on's first message ascribed the falsification claim to "a Korean
preacher"; his follow-up stated that the charge was "originally
raised" in the posting to the indymedia site.  It is now admitted that
there was no evidence for the original charge.  Until someone produces
evidence, there's no reason to believe such falsification occurred.
All we have is evidence of the recycyling of a baseless claim via the
Internet.  The left critique of US practices and policies is only
cheapened and discredited if we give credence to this sort of urban
legend.

Allin Cottrell.