[OPE-L:6725] Re: globalisation paper

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@sfu.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 03:41:04 EST

Rakesh,
      Thanks for your comments. Had a hard time avoiding rising to the bait
re your crisis theory comment, but far too behind in everything right now!
Another time.
       I received a number of requests for a copy of the paper, but it was
still a small subset of the list total; so, rather than taking silence as a
yes (as in negative billing), I'll spare the list and will send a copy to
those I've heard from.
         in solidarity,
             mike

At 12:53 PM 3/9/2002 -0800, Rakesh wrote:
>>  It's only 3000 words, and I thought about attaching it (after all these
>> months of silence, it's not much on a daily basis!), but this would
>> violate our usual practice.
>
>Michael (L), I would like the document and can't imagine that others would
>not be happy to receive it as a list submission--so please do send it
>along.  I have found your criticisms of neo Ricardian economics and
>analytical marxism to be very insightful and tremendously helpful, though
>I have a few disagreements about the importance of the physical surplus
>and your--I'll call it--overexploitation theory of crisis.
>
>Rakesh

Michael A. Lebowitz
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University