[OPE-L:6813] ADVISORY COMMITTEE FORMED

From: ope-l administrator (ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 08:56:08 EST

I am pleased to announce the formation, effective immediately, of
an advisory committee for OPE-L.

The purpose of this committee is to discuss and assist list
administration and advise the list coordinator.  Specific
responsibilities include:  review requests by listmembers;   discuss
recommendations for new  members; discuss best ways to deal with on-list
problems;  discuss existing rules and practices; etc.

Members of the advisory committee include:

* Allin Cottrell cottrell@wfu.edu
* Fred Moseley fmoseley@mtholyoke.edu
* Alfredo Saad-Filho asfilho@aol.com

I will continue as list coordinator for the foreseeable future and will
be part of advisory committee discussions.  I can be reached at
Gerald_A_Levy@msn.com  or glevy@pratt.edu

This change has happened mostly for the reasons stated by Alfredo in
[6774]  and along the lines of my thinking in [6770].   It is anticipated
that this committee will meet on an "as needed" and "as requested" basis.

We leave open the possibility, pending other developments, that another
person will be invited to join the committee.

Allin will continue in his role as maintainer of the OPE-L archives at:
http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/ope/archive

I thank all of the above for their dedication to OPE-L  and
all of the listmembers who have offered advice re list administration and
support for myself as coordinator.  I look forward to working
with all of the members of the advisory committee and to making
OPE-L better than ever.

In solidarity, Jerry Levy
Coordinator, OPE-L