[OPE-L:6868] Re: value-form

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 07:37:36 EST

Re [6867]:

> Hello Jerry,
Hi Andy.

> This notion of 'identity' puzzles me. If value *is* money, then what
> is the value-*form*?

I'll let one of  our VFT comrades answer your question concerning
their perspectives.

For myself, I would express the relation as follows:

Within a system of generalized commodity production and exchange,
commodities are defined by the duality of use-value and value where
the value-form is a necessary form of appearance of value and money
is a necessary form of appearance of the value-form. Thus, value, the
value-form, and money are all necessarily linked to each other and to
the commodity.  I guess that means I have a "single-system" (as
distinct from a "dual system") interpretation.

So that we don't all repeat ourselves endlessly, is there anybody that
wants to say something about this topic that they have _not_ said before
on this list?

In solidarity, Jerry