[OPE-L:7997] translation query

From: Fred B. Moseley (fmoseley@mtholyoke.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 23:11:27 EST

Does anyone know if there exists an English translation of Chapter 7,
Section 2 ("The Valorization Process"), in the First German Edition of
Volume 1 of Capital?

Marx said in the Postface to the Second German Edition: "Chapter 7,
particularly Section 2, has been reworked to a great extent."  (C.I. 94)

Chapter 7, Section 2, is of course the crucial section in which Marx's
basic theory of surplus-value is presented.  So I think it would be very
interesting to compare the original edition with the current English
translation, which is from later editions.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comradely,
Fred