(OPE-L) Bertell Ollman's Critique of Systematic Dialectics

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 22:07:37 EST

Hi Chris.

> Ollman's paper has already been reprinted in his new book Dance of the
> Dialectic.  I can send you a brief review I did of it if you wish. I make
> most of your points.

Yes, I'd like to see it.

> My only disagreement with your mail is that Smith and I do not call
> ourselves 'materialist dialectics' nor would I wish so to be called.

Fair enough.  I simply wanted to note that the perspective  of
transcendental
idealism shared by Geert and Michael W in _Value-Form and the State_
does not also seem to be shared by Tony and yourself.  Tony and
you don't consider yourselves to be idealist, do you?

In solidarity, Jerry