Advisory Committee

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 08:34:33 EDT

Jerry,

Before your one week of silence on the issue of the list itself (presumably
pending Rakesh's agreement regarding himself also), please let us know whom
is on the Advisory Committee and how they are selected.  This is relevant
information for any discussion, although I myself may or may not respond.

It is a fact that I was going to unsubscribe if the Advisory Committee had
not been appointed.  I believe Alfredo was instrumental in its creation.  I
had not approved of your role concerning Alan Freeman, which had the
potential of damaging him professionally (as I explained at the time).  On
the other hand, you have been quite active in keeping the list moving along
and this is important also.  In any event, I am perplexed with the sudden
pressure being exerted on this issue by Rakesh; there seems more behind it
than a formal number, nine years, to which he reverts.

Paul Z.