(OPE-L) Re: Advisory Committee

From: OPE-L Administrator (ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 08:57:00 EDT

> Before your one week of silence on the issue of the list itself  .
> [...], please let us know whom  is on the Advisory Committee
> and how they are selected.

Paul Z and others:

The current membership of the Advisory Committee (AC) consists
of Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu ) and Fred Moseley
(fmoseley@MtHolyoke.edu ).  Alfredo Saad-Filho had been a
member of the AC but resigned that position in December.

There is no specified term for AC members.  Both Fred and Allin
have many other professional and other responsibilities and I'm
sure at some point that they would like to be relieved.

Decisions about adding members to the AC are made on the
basis of consensus between the AC and myself.   In all matters
(except where the conduct of an AC member or myself is being
investigated) we are committed to arriving at decisions by way
of consensus.

We had recently discussed adding someone to the AC but that
comrade hasn't replied yet.

In solidarity, Jerry

PS: Fred informed me yesterday that he will be leaving for
S. Korea today for two weeks and will not be available to
participate in AC discussions during that time.