Re: (OPE-L) Re: Advisory Committee

From: dashyaf@EASYNET.CO.UK
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 10:57:58 EDT

Rakesh appears to be digging a larger and larger hole for himself. Rakesh
stop digging! Jerry has kept this list going though thick and thin and I
for one am grateful to him. Rakesh's arguments are not serious because they
have no useful practical consequences, other than a vague liberal
position  that someone else should do the job because Jerry has been doing
it a long time. I am not impressed by such a position because it  nearly
always hides some other real unstated standpoint.

It is really sour grapes for Rakesh to argue that those supporting Jerry
have differences with him. I suppose I do as well but so what! You cannot
expect us to take such arguments seriously. We have to be practical! No one
has really been prevented from airing their views on this list in a
reasonable form, least of all Rakesh.

David Yaffe