(OPE-L) Re: Advisory Committee

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 18:00:18 EDT

Rakesh continues to dig his own hole.

> The point is that you would never have accepted an advisory committee
> if others were not quitting and Paul Z had not made it a condition
> for staying.

That is _not_ the point.  Far from it.  What Alfredo proposed was something
that I wanted for years.  From the very beginning (1995) I have emphasized
that we are a collaborative group and I welcomed Alfredo's proposal
because it was consistent with that belief.  Had Alfredo or any other
list member made a similar proposal years beforehand then I would have
welcomed it.   Of course, I'm happy that Paul Z stayed.  But, that is most
definitely _not_ why I supported Alfredo's  suggestion.

More laughable claims follow:

> After
> Kliman had quit the list you went on to call Kliman a gardener,

Reference please?

> commented on the title of his paper

*Entirely* legitimate in context.

> and forwarded his criticism of the Brecht forum.

Which he ASKED that recipients forward!!!

Kliman: "So please do FORWARD the article and URLs ...."
(emphasis in original).

Now how crazy is this ???  Kliman sent ME a message asking that
recipients forward his message.  I  then did as HE requested and I
am now somehow accused of violating him!

> Give it up.

That's my best advice for you.

In solidarity, Jerry

PS: > soon my first baby.