Re: (OPE-L) private messages / flame intervention

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 21:31:26 EDT

>Since this also is of general interest, I will explain this
>on-list.
>
>1) private messages
>
>No list member has  the right to forward private messages
>to the list without the explicit authorization of the author.

Why should a message in which you threaten to cut me off be kept
private? Especially when you deny at length that you ever did any
such thing.  Are you trying to turn the issue away from whether you
lied to the question of whether I should not have forwarded an
offlist threat to me?

>It's as simple as that. Just about every Internet mailing list
>has a rule to this effect.
>
>2) flame intervention
>
>We have a list policy against flames. Because discussions by the
>AC can often take time,  it is expected both by the AC and the
>list that I will use my judgment when I see flames about when
>and whether I should intervene.

Let's see I am defending myself against the insinuated flame that I
am a Trotskyist-fascist agent of imperialism and the "moderator"
threatens to intercept my posts. Boy, that makes sense.

Rakesh