Re: (OPE-L) Re: Changing the World by Taking Power

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 00:32:20 EDT

As much as I have learned from Tariq Ali about the history of
Trotskyism and the history of Kashmir (though I am not convinced by
his political conclusions), I cannot say that this analysis of
Chavez's regime is very well informed, especially in comparison to
Petras'. Of course John's politics or anti politics pits him against
both Tariq and and Petras. As I understand it, some of the left
opposition to Chavez considers itself Maoist, so I am wondering why
Paul C and Allin are not convinced by their criticisms.
Yours, Rakesh