[OPE-L] 2005 EEA Preliminary Program

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 12:17:18 EST

The preliminary program for the 2005 meetings of the Eastern
Economics Association to be held during March in New York City:
http://www.iona.edu/academic/arts_sci/orgs/eea/conf2005/cover.htm

A number of listmembers are participating: Gary in a session on
"Classical Analysis of Capital Theory and Trade" and Steve C and
Antonio in a session on "Interrogating the 'New Pluralism' in
Economics: Views from Left Field" (chaired by Susan Feiner).
Former members Duncan Foley and Philippe van Parijs are
presenting papers (Philippe has the honor of being one of the
closing speakers).

The Post-Keynesians have organized what look like some
fascinating sessions on, among other topics, "The Future of
Post-Keynesian Economics and where we should be going"
(I'm especially curious about the "where we should be going"
part) and "Stock-Flow Consistent Macroeconomics in a Post-
Keynesian Framework" (I'm curious about how from a PK
perspective stocks and flows are made consistent).

The International Working Group on Value Theory (IWGVT)
is not listed as a Sponsoring Organization and there are
no IWGVT-sponsored sessions in the preliminary program.

Perhaps this is because this is the *preliminary* program?

A large number of listmembers have presented papers at
the IWGVT-sponsored sessions of the EEA in the past.
It would be unfortunate, imo,  if the IWGVT presence at
the EEA has ended.

In solidarity, Jerry