Re: [OPE-L] 2005 EEA Preliminary Program

From: dlaibman@JJAY.CUNY.EDU
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 09:15:23 EST

Aha!  What could this mysterious "new critical" macro proposal be??

I call it the "Dobb Effect," linking Maurice Dobb's 1929 article, "A Skeptical View of the Theory of Wages," to macro policy issues (which he did not do).  Macro policy moves a) influence the *balance of class forces* (a term that does *not* appear in the paper!); and b) flatten out the AS curve (even in the presence of full price flexibility and rational expectations).

Stay tuned. . .

David