Re: [OPE-L] standard commodity

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 00:30:28 EST

Dear Ian, Take a look at Sraffa's equations on page 6.
Of course, later Sraffa moves away from the classical
tradition and considers wages a post factum because he
wants to analyse the changes in prices due to changes
in distribution. But our purpose is different, so we
don't need to do that. Keeping wages as real and
treating it as part of total capital expenditure does
not change the basic property of Sraffian prices.
Cheers, ajit