Re: [OPE-L] Is this an example of the "new pluralism" in economics?

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 04:11:19 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Geoffrey Hodgson
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 2:34 AM
Subject: Is this an example of the "new pluralism" in economics?

Dear Jerrry

Thanks for your message. I have nothing to add at this stage, except to refer to a definitive collection of essays on the subject of pluralism:

Salanti, Andrea and Screpanti, Ernesto (eds) (1997) Pluralism in Economics: New Perspectives in History and Methodology (Aldershot: Edward Elgar).

Several of the contributors in the collection (including myself) distinguish between pluralism in the academy and (mistaken) pluralism in the ideas of a single person.

Best wishes
Geoff