Re: [OPE-L] Teaching Tautologies : a response to David L

From: Francisco Paulo Cipolla (cipolla@UFPR.BR)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 08:18:59 EST

Hi David Laibman, may be you could explain tome the following question:
If we are in the short run the stockof capital is constant (Keynesian terms, as
you suggest). If government increased expenditures pushes prices up it is
because there is no excess capacity, otherwise prices need not go up.
If the is no excess capacity to absorb the greater supply of labor-hours and if
the stock of capital is not allowed to increase in the short-run, then how could
the extra supply of labor-hours be effectively employed?
Paulo